In Loving Memory

  • Remembering my beloved child, Austin, who passed away at the early age of 14. He lived more in those 14 short years than most and is an inspiration to us all.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Brotherly Love

I miss the relationship my two boys shared - and it wasn't even mine. I enjoyed watching them together, as brothers, and how they changed over the years. Austin went from protective to jealous to protective through those nine years with Noah. Through it all, Noah fully admired and looked up to Austin, he was and is his hero.


I also miss the pranks they used to play on each other, even though most of the time it ended in a fight. One funny story we have all retold through the years was when Austin told Noah how we came up with his name.

The entire time I was pregnant with Noah, we thought we were having a girl. I only had one ultrasound and the tech was an iffy on saying it was a girl. I never went back for another one but we were convinced Hannah Grace was on her way. Needless to say, when the doctor said, "It's a boy!" we were surprised. We literally had to stop off at the store on the way home from the hospital to buy a few outfits because everything we had was pink and frilly!

Austin told Noah that when he was born, I yelled "No!" and Dad said "Ah!" because we thought he was a girl. And together it made "Noah". He told this to Noah when he was still little and he believed it for awhile. Once Noah learned the truth, it was a running joke in the family. Austin would use it to tease him by yelling, "No!" and "Ah!" down the hall. I can still see Austin's smile every time he would begin to tell the story - or tease his brother. It was always followed by that full, hearty laugh I loved so much.

I'm saddened at the fact that Noah won't have his big brother around to protect him, pick on him and grow up with. But I know in place of that, he'll forever have a guardian angel, watching over him from above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...