In Loving Memory

  • Remembering my beloved child, Austin, who passed away at the early age of 14. He lived more in those 14 short years than most and is an inspiration to us all.

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas - 5 years

from his book...

Your first request to Santa came on Christmas Eve. We got a light dusting of snow and had somewhat of a White Christmas. When you came downstairs Christmas morning, you said, "Wow! I must've been really good!"

Santa left you a note thanking you for the cookies and you thought that was cool. After the blessing at lunch you told us the best present you have is "Mom, Dad, and Hannah" (at that time we thought the baby in my belly was a girl....sorry Noah!)

I remember this year being really fun because it was the last Christmas with just Austin. I took extra time off that Christmas break and we enjoyed baking cookies and spending the time together. Less than a month later Noah would arrive so it was wonderful bonding time with my first-born.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...