In Loving Memory

  • Remembering my beloved child, Austin, who passed away at the early age of 14. He lived more in those 14 short years than most and is an inspiration to us all.

Friday, January 23, 2009

Love Letters

As I've written before, we have been so touched by the letters, cards and calls we've received about Austin. So many just wanted us to know how great he was - as if we didn't already! However, it is always nice to hear from another. You raise your children up and hope that when you aren't around they remember. In Austin's case, I think he was even better than we could have imagined. We are certainly prouder than ever to have been his parents.

I wanted to share just a few lines of some of the words that have touched us most. Some were from kids at school that really didn't even know him well. I am impressed because at this age is when some kids pretend to be something they aren't. It isn't always cool or easy to be the nice guy but obviously, Austin didn't care. He was who he was and it didn't matter where.

"He always made me laugh."
"He wanted to be a firefighter and that was all I ever heard about!"
"He was the best kid ever."
"He wasn't like any other guy. He was sweet and never tried to be mean."
"He was like a brother to me."
"He was always happy and he always made everyone else happy."
"No matter what, he always wore a smile."
"He had his whole life planned."
"He had ideas for everything."
"He was very understanding and would listen to you."
"He always helped me with my homework."
"there are a lot of respectful people but none like him."
"He was a student that was known for never getting in trouble."
"He made a big impact on my life, makes me want to be a better person."

Train up a child in the way he should go....
"Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young, but be an example for other believers in your speech, behavior, love, faithfulness, and purity." 1 Timothy 4:12

1 comment:

  1. Baby girl I wish I could wrap my arms around you and make everything better, but all I can do is try to wrap you in my love and share your pain. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...