In Loving Memory

  • Remembering my beloved child, Austin, who passed away at the early age of 14. He lived more in those 14 short years than most and is an inspiration to us all.

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I wish...

I wish....
to see your face just one more time.
to hear your laugh.
to see your smile.
to feel your arm around my neck.
I wish...
I learned to play chess with you.
we never argued about chores.
I tried those new recipes for dinner.
we took that trip to New York.
I wish...
I could hear about your day.
we could go for a drive, with the music turned up.
I was shopping for school clothes and bigger shoes for you.
you were here to take the last of the cash from my purse.
I wish...
I had hugged you harder that last day.
told I loved you, just one more time.
looked into those eyes and held onto that sparkle.
soaked up those moments, even more.
I wait...
to see your face again.
to hear you laugh.
to see you smile.
to feel your arm around my neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...