In Loving Memory

  • Remembering my beloved child, Austin, who passed away at the early age of 14. He lived more in those 14 short years than most and is an inspiration to us all.

Thursday, November 19, 2009

misc memories...the first year

Just remembering some favorite moments with my sweet boy....


I remember....

bringing you home from the hospital, going into your nursery, and rocking you in the chair that my grandmother rocked me in. It was our first moment alone in our home together. I read to you the book I'd read aloud so often while you were still in my belly, "Love you forever" and dreamed of our future together.


I remember...

how good you were as a baby, never being a cryer or whiner, instead always smiling. In fact, there were times we found you had ear infections at a well-child checkup because you never complained. When you did fuss from needing a diaper change, you stopped the instant I carried you into the nursery, because you knew you would soon be dry.


I remember...

family snuggle time in the mornings after you would wake. You rarely woke us up by crying but would instead by singing, cooing, talking or laughing. As you grew, you would pull yourself up and peek into our room from your baby bed. You knew that Daddy would come get you and the three of us would enjoy special moments to start our day. We'd read and sing, tickle and play, and just enjoy you at this precious age.


I remember...

thanking God every day for the gift he'd given us through you. Every "first" moment I got to experience with you was such a blessing. I treasured your first smile, laugh, words, and first steps. I felt so blessed to be a mom to such a wonderful little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...