In Loving Memory

  • Remembering my beloved child, Austin, who passed away at the early age of 14. He lived more in those 14 short years than most and is an inspiration to us all.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

longings

It still seems that our family has been living in some nightmare this past year. To think that we are nearing the anniversary of losing our precious boy, is almost too much to bear. My thoughts of the past year are of all the memories we made that didn't include Austin. It just isn't right, there is a hole in our family. Our hearts are broken but still beating.


Even though Austin isn't here physically, a part of him is always with us. He is forever on our minds, on good days and on bad, in sad moments, and the few happy ones we have had. And we like to hope that pieces of him are all around us and that he is here in spirit. We've seen and felt too many signs not to know this is true.

Still, I long for just a moment more with him. I walk into a room and wish he'll be in there. I hear footsteps behind me and hope I'll turn around and see his smiling face. I long for his laugh and the joy he filled our home with. I miss his strong arms, that would offer help to me daily and fill me with warmth from hugs. My soul seems to constantly be searching for the link that was Austin.

Every parent thinks their child is amazing. Austin was that - and more. I can't help but feel the world suffered just a big a loss as we did last November. He had such potential and I can only imagine what he would have accomplished as an adult. I am still in awe of all he did as child! I'd give anything to have him still be here with us but I'm so thankful and grateful for the 14 years we had. Austin blessed our lives in every way possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...