In Loving Memory

  • Remembering my beloved child, Austin, who passed away at the early age of 14. He lived more in those 14 short years than most and is an inspiration to us all.

Friday, March 6, 2009

Helping from Beyond

When you lose a child, your biggest fear is that they will be forgotten. It fills your spirit to hear stories about them from others, no matter how simple. You want to know your child made a difference to others, that he touched their life, that he was important to more than just you.

I want to share a story I recently received from a friend. She is the mother of one of Austin's school friends.

"A while back I was running late for work, I work in Owensboro and I always take 231. I was in a hurry and kept telling myself that I needed to be careful because it was raining. I always set the GPS to know what time I will arrive to be sure to be punctual. The GPS had me arriving almost 15 min. late, at 7:15 am.

I got to the four lanes and saw the road to your old house...I thought about Austin. I got to thinking about him and my son and things they said or did. I passed by Goshen and my thoughts were just engulfed about him. I went to grab my cigarettes and it was a weird they like shifted over to the side where I could not reach them.

I felt this "presence" ...I felt the words come over me like they were spilling out over me.."please don't smoke"....weird huh? I knew Austin was with me. At first it freaked me out...then I said out loud, "Austin are you with me?" On the radio the song said "I am here for you... I asked are you here to get me to work safely? I looked at my GPS the time of arrival switched to 6:59 am. It stayed that way all the way to work. I was kind of shook up experiencing that thinking was that real or am I crazy? Looking back I think it was him. I just thought you needed to know that Austin is there...and being Austin he still helps everyone."

The story says it all. To know that my son is still reaching others, still making a difference, there are no words. My spirit is blessed with this knowledge! Austin was and IS such an amazing young man!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...